You Are Here: Prototype Technician
Location: Memphis TN
Orchid Design Memphis is looking for a full time 1st shift Prototype Technician to join our team.
Responsible for programming the fabrication equipment, procuring the appropriate tooling and raw material necessary to make the components, and fabricating prototypes per customer specifications. Is familiar with machining equipment including CNC and manual processes.
- Program fabrication equipment from CAD files to produce prototype components utilizing CAM programs and on-machine capability
- Procure and fabricate necessary tooling to fabricate and inspect prototype components• Procure the necessary raw materials
- Operate the following equipment to fabricate and inspect prototype components:
- CNC Milling
- CNC Lathe
- Wire EDM
- Surface Grinding
- Manual milling and lathes
- Optical comparator
- Miscellaneous hand tools and inspection equipment
- Maintain or provide for the maintenance of the fabrication facilities and equipment to ensure necessary housekeeping, safety, and environmental compliance
- Ensure compliance with relevant quality system requirements
- Successfully interact with customers and provide technical support regarding Orchid Design’s services
- Identify and coordinate outside suppliers for secondary operations on prototypes
- Develop prototype quotations and estimates in response to project or customer request for quotes (RFQ’s).
- Coordinate prototyping activities to establish and meet time schedules
- Perform other duties as required or assigned by Orchid Design management
- CAM skills (MasterCam preferred)
- Set up and operator skills for CNC milling, lathes and EDM equipment
- Mechanical inspection
Education and Experience:
- High School or technical school graduate.
- Minimum five years experience programming, tooling, and operating manual and CNC equipment.
- Lifting up to 10 lbs.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
- Close or highly concentrated visual work
Please submit resume to: email@example.com